In case you missed our LIVE…
here are all your double chin questions, answered!
Two of our experts discussed some of the most common concerns from our clients; definition of the jawline and getting rid of their double chin.
There are many technologies when it comes to double chin solutions and choosing the best option for you will depend on:
• your age; but more importantly the quality of your skin (mature skin vs. younger skin).
• the downtime you are willing to have.
• if you want surgery or not.
To help you navigate all the options offered at Victoria Park Medispa, here is how Anne-Marie explained the different treatments :
- This surgery takes around 35-45 minutes and leaves an extremely small and practically invisible scar under the fold of your chin.
- One of its advantage is that it can remove fat in the submental area all the way to the ears.
- There are about 7 to 10 days of downtime, with minimal bruising or swelling.
- If you happen to have a scar that is not healing properly or tend to bruise more than others, we offer treatments such as Vbeam to treat discoloration!
- Nicknamed the non-surgical liposuction, CoolScultping is a great option if you prefer something with no downtime.
- With a small applicator placed right under the chin for about 35 minutes, it freezes and destroys up to 27% of fat cells in the area.
- One to three treatments are typically recommended, however patients are often happy after just one!
- Possibility to treat a bigger area by using three applicators at once.
- Offers permanent results with very minimal swelling.
- This injectable kills fat cells permanently in the submental area.
- Our most popular treatment to create the perfect chiseled profile!
- Because of the injections, there is a bit more swelling following a Belkyra treatment than there is with CoolScultping.
- For the ultimate chiseled and defined look, we recommend to first remove the fat with one of the options above and once the area has healed, fillers can be injected to the jawline and chin for added definition.
- The results will last approximately for 18 to 24 months.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT YOUR NECK!
To to lift and tighten this delicate area, we offer the following treatments:
- Fractional lasers
- Fractora, which combines RF technology with microneedling.
Your questions, our answers :
Q : Does CoolSculpting work for everyone?
A : There is not one solution out there that will work for everyone, although rare, it is a possibility that someone will not respond to this treatment.
Q : For someone who has almost no chin,
is an implant better than fillers?
A : Unlike fillers, the results with an implant are permanent, which can be a risk if you don’t like the look of it. The best thing to do is to meet with a plastic surgeon who will guide you in making this decision.
Q : Should you follow a diet to maintain the results of a CoolSculpting treatment?
A : There is no diet necessary, since your fat cells will not be coming back. We do suggest to keep a healthy lifestyle and do as much prevention as you can (with sunscreen!) to maintain healthy skin.
Q : What is most popular with the younger clientele?
A : Most young clients are looking for a quick fix to beautify their appearance in a subtle way. Belkyra is the most popular, and is often paired with fillers. A great advantage with young skin is that it will bounce back beautifully and very quickly.
Q : Is it too late to treat the submental area after the age of 55?
A : It really depends on the skin quality of the patients, many of our clients in their 50s have amazing skin! The best way to start is to have a consultation with one of our specialists. We also offer free consultations with our medispa technicians. We have so many solutions and our specialists will guide you to the right treatment depending on your needs.
Our Victoria Park Medispa team is here to share tips, tricks, and advice. Is there a particular topic you’d like us to cover? Let us know by submitting a request in the text box below!